Social media addiction and how it impacts teens – focusing on the damaging effects social media can have on our lives.
Do you have a teen that uses social media excessively / compulsively?
Numerous studies find that addiction to social media is similar to nicotine addiction, and negatively impacts many aspects of teens’ lives.
You may not be surprised to hear about the addicting effects from using social media, especially on younger generations. This addiction is linked to lower self-esteem and depression.
socialmediavictims.org has put together an in-depth guide about social media addiction and included some helpful information specifically about teens.
What You’ll Learn:
- Social media, sex, and nicotine might be equally addictive
- SM addiction and substance abuse
- Facebook addiction linked to brain reward and gratification
- Contributing factors to this type of addiction
- Dangers of teen SM addiction
- Signs of SM addiction in teens
- Limiting teens’ SM use to prevent addiction
Full article can be found here:
original source: socialmediavictims-outreach.org
Also, we wanted to share a guide about lawsuits against Snapchat for the harm they cause users:
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT COUNSELING, MENTAL HEALTH EVALUATIONS, OR PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP, CONTACT NANCY TODAY.